TBI is hiring – Project specialist for Euro-BioImaging
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer to participate in the development of the Euro-BioImaging Web Portal (www.eurobioimaging.eu).
Euro-BioImaging is the European landmark research infrastructure for biological and biomedical imaging as recognized by the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI). Through Euro-BioImaging, life scientists can access imaging instruments, expertise, training opportunities, and data management services that they might not find at their home institutions or among their collaboration partners. All scientists, regardless of their affiliation, area of expertise, or field of activity can benefit from these pan-European open access services, which are provided with high-quality standards by leading imaging facilities. The Euro-BioImaging Web Portal handles the Euro-BioImaging application process. From proposal submission to review and feedback, all the activities are handled through the Web Portal. The Web Portal also offers other services such as communication, training management, content management, etc.
The main duties include (but not limited to):
- Implementing new features in the portal
- Updating/improving the existing features and fixing the bugs
- Testing, integration, and monitoring
- At least two years of experience in web development using PHP
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of user authentication with SSO
- Familiarity with SQL databases (preferably MySQL)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool Git
- Knowledge of Linux
- Ability to interact and work in a team
- Good communication skills in English is an added advantage
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunity to take part in technical conferences and training events
- Possibility to work remotely, if needed
- Opportunity to interact with international partners with diverse expertise
- Opportunity to participate in various partner meetings and user training
The salary is based on the collective agreement of Finnish universities. The position belongs to the other personnel group and the average salary is 2450 – 2800 €/month depending on the working experience.
The starting date is negotiable, preferably in early September. The position is initially for 6 months with the possibility of extending the contract. There is a trial period of three months. The deadline for applications is August 31, 2020. A link to the electronic application system can be found from the following link: www.utu.fi/careers or from the link below.
Please include in English a CV and a motivation letter.
Tags: PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, Git, Bootstrap, JQuery, SCSS, Linux, SAML