The application time for studies starting in September 2018 will be 1st of December 2017 – 31st of January 2018.
How to apply
The Master´s Programme in Biomedical Imaging is jointly administered by both the Department of Biosciences at Åbo Akademi University and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Turku. Students can apply to either Åbo Akademi University or the University of Turku.
NOTE: In order to increase the chances of being admitted to the Master´s programme, applicants are advised to apply to both Åbo Akademi University and the University of Turku. The applicants must also put the universities applied to in order of preference.
The eligible applicants should have sufficient background knowledge in medical, biological and/or natural sciences, and they should have completed a lower university degree equivalent to a Finnish B.Sc. degree in the Life Sciences or in a relevant field (biomedical sciences, physics, engineering or chemistry).
Tuition fees will be collected for the first time when applying for studies beginning in autumn 2017 students applying outside the EU/EEA -area.
1) Please read the admission criteria of the universities carefully:
Country specific criteria apply to these countries when applying to either of the univeristies: Australia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Cameroon, Canada, China, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uzbekistan.
2) Book and take the language test in advance.
3) Candidates apply to the programme via Studyinfo portal, where the online application is being filled in. Please note, that the online application is only open during the application period.
4) Fill in the required information with care and submit the online application template. Please note that to apply to the both universities the applicants must complete two online applications and send in two sets of enclosures.
5) Collect all the enclosures required by the programme.
6) Mark down your application number into every document, as well as onto the lower left corner of the envelope.
7) Submit the application and send all the required enclosures
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email: bima-office(at)bioimaging.fi