Master’s degree programme
What is this programme?
The Master´s Degree Programme in Biomedical Imaging aims to train professionals that will have a thorough understanding of diverse imaging technologies along with practical
skills in a wide range of imaging methods and applications. Both Finnish and foreign students who have completed a lower university degree equivalent to a Finnish B.Sc. degree are welcome to apply for the programme. The education is given in English.
The programme has been assembled on the true imaging strongholds of Turku, and comprises a truly interdisciplinary array of prominent research groups and departments spanning both basic and medical researchers to share advanced imaging techniques in
- basic cell and molecular biology
- in disease characterization at the molecular level
- in patient diagnostics
As imaging is a practical science, the programme will include a large practical component, all of which are backed up with solid theoretical background knowledge.
The Biomedical Imaging programme is at the University of Turku part of the larger ensemble of MSc programmes in Biomedical Sciences which together provide the basic courses in transferrable skills: languages, bioinformatics and statistics. At Åbo Akademi University the Biomedical imaging program is part of the Department of Biosciences (Cell biology) at the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Our students presenting Master’s degree programme in Biomedical Imaging:
Latest Master's Degree Program News
- 06.10.17 | John Eriksson was awarded a prize for successful research
- 02.10.17 | Researcher night in Turku BioImaging
- 12.06.17 | University of Turku among the World’s Top 1 % and Åbo Akademi in the Top 2% in QS ranking
- 13.04.17 | New super-resolution microscope in the Cell Imaging Core
- 07.04.17 | Significant new funding for Turku BioImaging